Deadline: 21 April 2017
The Impact Amplifier is seeking applications for its “Investment Readiness Accelerator programme 2017”.
The phenomenon of “Impact Investing”, investments with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return, is growing rapidly in South Africa.
Entrepreneurs that are focused on education, health care, housing, food security, financial inclusion, energy, water, and other climate adaptation/change issues are critical to creating a more socially just country. Yet, these businesses like many others also face a broad spectrum of challenges when trying to grow. These include amongst others:
- Identification of and securing access to target markets
- A clear revenue generation model, financial plan and strategic direction which leads to
- Difficulty in securing access to capital to fund growth in either capacity or different geographies
The programme will offer entrepreneurs the skills, knowledge, documentation and support required to secure investment for their businesses. The Programme addresses:
- Constructing an Impact Case
- Market access, sales and distribution
- Strategic planning
- Financial modelling and planning
- Writing an Investment case to secure funding
- Pitching to investors
- Connecting with partners in the business ecosystem, including multinational companies, NGOs and the public sector
The expected outcomes of the programme are to:
- Increase the likelihood of securing growth capital for participating entrepreneurs
- Strengthen the pipeline of investable impact entrepreneurs for local and international Impact Investors
- Strengthen the broader network/ecosystem of environmental and socially inclusive businesses in Africa.
- Entrepreneurs from anywhere in South Africa may apply. However, the group meetings will be held in Cape Town. Businesses from outside Cape Town must attend the first two sessions physically and then thereafter can participate remotely.
- The primary criteria that will be used to shortlist the applicants will include, but not be exclusive to:
- The strength and experience of the management team and the precedent set by the team in terms of co-operation, achieving business goals, as well as developing a cohesive value proposition
- Ability of the business to be commercially viable and create long term and sustainable value through social/environmental impact
- The social/environmental issue the business is addressing. How material is this issue and what impact will the business have on it
- Is the business model scalable and replicable
- Likelihood of the business to benefit from the programme and support other businesses participating
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit Impact Amplifier.