Deadline: 31 August 2020
The Minister of Climate as the Operator of the “Environment, Energy and Climate Change” Programme announces a call for proposals for co-financing of projects aimed at “Awareness raising activities on climate change mitigation and adaptation carried out by schools” to be financed from the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The main aim of the call for proposals for co-financing projects under the programme area Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation is to raise public awareness of climate change mitigation and adaptation to its effects through enhancing pupils’ knowledge on climate change issues and ways to mitigate them and adapting to them. The objective is to be achieved by implementing small-scale on-site mitigation and adaptation measures by primary and secondary schools in which students will take an active part.
All projects shall contribute to strengthening the resilience of areas surrounding schools to the adverse impacts of climate change, increasing pupils’ awareness of climate change, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions at local level.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objective scope of projects may include the implementation of measures related to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- adaptation and mitigation activities among others.
- education and information activities thematically related to the investment activities and consisting, inter alia.
Type of Projects
The call shall support comprehensive projects on raising public awareness of climate change mitigation and adaptation to their effects by implementing education and information activities in parallel with related on-site mitigation and/ adaptation measures, including investments in, among others, green and blue infrastructure.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The projects selected within the scope of this call will contribute to achieving the Programme’s Outcome 1: “Ability of local communities to reduce emissions and adapt to a changing climate increased” and Output 1.2 “Awareness raising activities on climate change mitigation and adaptation carried out” which indicators and targets.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Allocated amount EUR 1,575,941 euro, i.e. PLN 6 801 603,76.
- The grant rate of the requested co-financing shall be up to 100% of eligible expenditures.
- Minimum grant amount: EUR 200,000 i.e. 863 180,00 PLN
- Maximum grant amount: EUR 800,000 i.e. PLN 3 452 720,00
Period of Eligibility of Expenditures in Projects
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall start on the day that the Programme Operator (the Ministry of Climate) decides to award the project grant.
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall expire on 30 April 2024.
The following actions will not be eligible:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Installation / replacement of heating elements and distribution systems: replacement of the boiler, replacement of water heating devices, electrical installation, solar farm;
- Renovation of the school building: thermal insulation, replacement of windows, replacement / reconstruction of the roof;
- Installation of air conditioning equipment for cooling the interior of the school building;
- Remuneration for personnel costs other than those related to project management and the implementation of educational and information activities.
Any entity in accordance with Article governing a public or non-public primary or secondary school.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.pl/web/climate/announcement-of-a-call-for-proposals5