Deadline: 20 March 2020
CEPF and BirdLife International, serving as regional implementation team (RIT) for the hotspot, are inviting proposals in the form of letters of inquiry (LOIs) for small grants from private enterprises.
The Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) is a joint initiative of l’Agence Française de Développement, Conservation International, the European Union, the Global Environment Facility, the Government of Japan and the World Bank. A fundamental goal is to ensure civil society is engaged in biodiversity conservation.
The Mediterranean Basin Biodiversity Hotspot is the second largest hotspot in the world and the largest of the world’s five Mediterranean-climate regions. CEPF’s niche for investment in the Mediterranean was formulated through a participatory process that engaged civil society, donor and governmental stakeholders throughout the region.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
CEPF seek projects that will deliver these key deliverables:
- The development of sustainable practices with high environmental values. that reduce negative impact on the future MPA of Zembra and Zembretta.
- Demonstrate positive impacts on biodiversity conservation.
- Provide innovative support to local Civil Society Organizations which are already active.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Budget: US$5,000 to US$8,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The scope of this call is limited to:
- Theme: Strategic Direction (preservation of biodiversity in coastal areas), Investment Priority (engage private sector stakeholders to adopt sustainable practices)
- Location: The future marine protected area (MPA) of Zembra and Zembretta
- Applicant: Private sector based in Haouaria and the surrounding area
Example activities that applicants may include:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Strengthening local governance and capacities in terms of ecosystem monitoring and management
- Creating innovative solutions against coastal and marine pollution
- Developing sustainable agricultural/farming practices with high environmental values
- Developing responsible tourism activities and within the limits of societal and ecosystem carrying capacities
- Strengthening the involvement of young people in the processes related to sustainable development
- Documenting site values and impacts of threats communicated to decision-makers in order to influence private-sector planning (including environmental impact assessments)
- Negotiating changes to management practices, including providing advice and training to company staff, providing feedback on the impact of changes, and encouraging the dissemination of best practice from other sites
- Negotiating sustainable financial support for conservation management of the future MPA, for example, as part of CSR schemes, as part of a package of assistance for community development schemes, or as an integral part of managing the site to ensure continuation of benefits to private sector operations
- Communicating the achievements and/or needs of existing conservation initiatives, to advocate for change and support of key stakeholders
- This call is only open to the private sector, for example small-scale businesses, private enterprises, local community groups and cooperatives.
- They must be based in Haouaria and the surrounding area. The project should be implemented in the future marine protected area (MPA) of Zembra and Zembretta.
- Successful grantees would need to ensure that the provision of services will be at cost, or below cost, and will not result in any profit to the organization or its shareholders.
- The grantee would also need to confirm that its primary purpose in undertaking the project activities is for charitable or educational purposes.
- Synergies with other organizations are eligible; in this instance just one lead organization fitting the criteria above should apply and submit the application, with the project partners stated in the LOI with clear roles.
- Organizations must have its own bank account and be authorized under relevant national laws to receive charitable contributions.
Grants cannot be used for:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The purchase of land, involuntary resettlement of people, or activities that negatively affect physical cultural resources, including those important to local communities.
- Activities adversely affecting Indigenous Peoples or where these communities have not provided their broad support to the project activities.
- Removal or alteration of any physical cultural property (includes sites having archaeological, paleontological, historical, religious, or unique natural values).
How to Apply
- Applications (LOIs) can be written in English, French or Arabic.
- Please download the LOI form via given website.
- Applications must be submitted as a Word document.
For more information, visit https://www.cepf.net/grants/open-calls-for-proposals/2020-mediterranean-basin-small-grants-private-sector-tunisia