Deadline: 14 October 2016
Rwanda’s Green Fund (FONERWA) is currently inviting applicants from ministries, government agencies, districts, private sector companies, academic institutions and civil society organisations to submit funding proposals for initiatives that promote the mainstreaming of environmental protection, climate change and green growth into Rwanda’s economy.
FONERWA’s call for proposals are targeted to mainstreaming environment, climate change and green growth in the economic cluster sectors such as Agriculture, Energy, Transport, Environment, Urban and Rural settlement and Water & sanitation.
These projects are also developing communities and supporting Rwandans as they work to improve their livelihoods.
Rwanda’s Green Fund has mobilised US $100 million for climate resilience initiatives.
- Any legal entity in Rwanda (line ministries/private sector/civil society entities) is eligible for funding, provided that the given project proposal deals with topics relevant to the funding window and promotes green initiative in
- Preferences are given to legal entities from Non-Government and Civil Society Organizations (NGOs/CSOs), Local Governments, Central Governments, public colleges and universities, research and scientific bodies, as well as private sector.
- Innovation/Additionality: Need to focus on new and innovative interventions as well as new ways of thinking and delivering. The proposals place emphasis on additionality with funding clearly aligned to interventions that explicitly target green and climate resilient initiatives that seek to improve sector performance and sustainability.
- Focus on emerging priorities: The programs/projects must use thematic working groups to identify cross sector interventions based on the EDPRS II priorities and the Green Growth and Climate Resilience Strategy (GGCRS) programs of action as critical guiding principles.
- Inclusiveness and engagement: Sector working groups will be the entry point for development of these programs/projects to ensure extensive stake holder consultation. The role of both private sector and civil society in planning and delivering these programs is essential to promote economic and inclusive growth. PPPs as a delivery mechanism is being encouraged in the targeted call.
- Sustainability: Ensure that targets achieved from the project/programs are long lasting and sustainability measures are in place.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Rwanda
For more information, please visit FONERWA’s Call for Proposals.