Deadline: 23 February 2018
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) implemented by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Malaysia is currently inviting qualified civil society organizations to put forward Concept Proposal.
The purpose for Concept Proposal is to assist interested applicants to use their time and effort more effectively and also to ensure that they are on the right track from the very beginning.
Eligible Project Activities
All project proposals submitted to SGP Secretariat need to demonstrate:
- How the proposed project proposal meets the GEF SGP criteria by articulating how project objectives and activities would have an impact in the SGP areas of work -GEF focal areas. For more information on this please visit their areas of work section.
- How the proposed project proposal responds or are aligned to the targets and objectives of the SGP Malaysia Country Programme Strategy (CPS). Please visit their website and download a copy of the CPS or contact the NC.
- Demonstrate strong community involvement in the proposed project.
- Focus on environmental issues and livelihood improvement.
The maximum amount of grants available from GEF SGP Malaysia:
- Planning Grant: US$ 2,000
- Full Project: US$ 50,000
- Locally registered Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). GEF SGP Malaysia grants are available ONLY for not-for-profit NGOs/CBOs/CSOs, etc. Applicant who fails to provide a copy of certificate of registration will not be considered for full proposal development.
- Local registered bank account of the organisation.
- Organisation must have strong organizational capacity to implement SGP grant projects and meet SGP requirements.
How to Apply
The concept Proposal template and the Guidance Notes document can be downloaded via given website.
Eligible Country: Malaysia
For more information, please visit GEF Small Grants Programme.