Another focus is the political dialogue in the field of international biodiversity, species and environmental protection. The nexus “Climate and Security” is one of Germanys’ main topics for their membership in the UN Security Council 2019/20.
Germanys environmental and climate diplomacy places focuses on the consequences of environmental degradation and climate change. One of the main goals is to counteract conflict potential in individual regions of the world in order to contribute to securing peace.
- Increasing ambitions of the member states: The review and development of climate targets every 5 years is part of the Paris Accord. Germanys’ goal is that the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) are raised and that all stakeholders contribute to the implementation of the NDCs.
- Biodiversity: Biodiversity is declining dramatically worldwide, ecosystem services are deteriorating rapidly. In addition to the urgency of the topic, 2020 is also an important year for biodiversity and species protection: during the 15th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in October in Kunming, China, a new global framework for the protection of biodiversity for the time after 2020 is to be decided. They wants to create or strengthen awareness of this topic. The advantages humans derive from eco systems, the so-called ecosystem services, is a key component of this.
Applications can be accepted until the total funding amount of almost 3,4 million euros has been reached. Single projects should not exceed a total amount of 25,000€ (around 5,000,000 LKR). Funding period is the calendar year – e. g. funds must be used by November 30th (end of the fiscal year of the Embassy) and project works must be completed by the 31st of December of each year.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The projects must have a political orientation and influence the opinion-forming process in the host country. The format of the projects can be chosen freely, e.g .:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Conferences, side events, workshops and panel discussions that bring decision makers together
- Training and further education of multipliers in the host country
- Public relations in the form of articles
- Increasing the visibility of existing environmental and climate protection projects
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://colombo.diplo.de/lk-en/themen/weitere-themen/-/2188046?openAccordionId=item-2188048-1-panel