Deadline: 1 March 2019
Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Andrew Doyle T.D has announced call for proposals in the area of forestry promotion to encourage innovative proposals which will highlight the multi functional benefits of forestry in Ireland over the next two years.
This call for proposals will drive some creative and innovative ideas that will increase public awareness of the multi-functional benefits of forestry, to promote a higher level of tree planting and to encourage existing forest owners to maximize the benefits of their resource.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Promoting the multi-functional benefits of forestry
- Promote the planting of trees
- Forest management promotion
The aim of this call for proposals is:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To increase public awareness of the social and health benefits of forestry; encourage people to use the forest resource for their enjoyment and well being;
- To help achieve planting levels as set out in the Forestry Programme 2014-2020 and in particular to help achieve a broad leaf planting target of 30%;
- To promote timber mobilization amongst private forest owners through more active forest management and encourage owners to develop multi-functional uses of their resource.
- Forestry organisations (entities active in the forestry sector) can apply for funding under this heading.
- Actions can include information transfer projects such as publications, newsletters, field trips, site visits, seminars, website development and other educational actions that benefit existing forest owners and timber end users.
- Proposals for promotion activities in wood energy and biomass can be submitted under this heading also.
- Proposals should highlight the extent of consultation, discussion and engagement being proposed with community groups such as tidy towns, youth reach and men’s sheds and also with other NGOs, State bodies, charities, and schools programmes.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can mail their proposals at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ireland
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For further information, please visit https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2019/january/title,123469,en.html