- Eastern Africa: 24 February 2020
- Caribbean and Central America: 15 March 2020
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia: 20 March 2020
- South and Southeast Asia: 20 March 2020
- Pacific Islands: 20 March 2020
Do you have a great climate change adaptation or clean energy project, but have you had difficulty attracting investment? Then, PFAN can help!
The Private Financing Advisory Network is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts, that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors.
Investment Amount (ASK)
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- For ALL Projects, the investment ask should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- ONLY for Energy Access and Rural Electrification Projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500 thousand and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Projects selected for PFAN assistance receive free business coaching. This coaching has been shown to greatly speed up the process of reaching investment-ready status, and consequently shorten the path to finding investment.
- PFAN organises regional and international Investment Forums, where the most promising investment-ready projects are showcased to a group of investors from various categories (private equity, development banks, development funds, clean energy focused investors, and so on), increasing the probability of finding the best investor for your project.
- PFAN also has a dedicated Investment Facilitation Team, which ensures investment-ready projects are introduced to target investors, throughout the process.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield & brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialization of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
- PFAN accepts applications for projects in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Central America and Caribbean Islands.
- To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services, including, but not limited to, the activity areas. PFAN is technology neutral, which means they do not prefer any technology over any other.
- Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding.
- If your project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
What happens if your project is selected?
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Based on PFAN’s evaluation criteria, your project will be given a score. If this score qualifies your project for PFAN assistance, it will be placed in one of three categories:
- Long Term Development Projects will receive one-on-one coaching support from the assigned PFAN Coaches to prepare an investment-ready business plan. They can then move on to Investment Forum Ready and Investment Facilitation categories.
- Investment Forum Ready Projects will undergo an intensive programme of coaching and preparation for showcasing to investors at one of PFAN’s regular regional Investment Forums.
- Investment Facilitation Projects are assigned to a member of PFAN’s Investment Facilitation Team, which consists of specialised investment experts who guide and support the investment facilitation process.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Eastern Africa: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Malawi, Somalia, South Sudan, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia.
- Caribbean and Central America: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, Colombia,Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama.
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- South and Southeast Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- Pacific Islands: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
For more information, visit https://pfan.net/news-and-events/?_sft_category=calls-for-applications