Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is currently accepting proposals for its Southeast Asia – Europe Joint Funding Scheme (JFS) in order to bring together Southeast Asian and European researchers and innovators and allow them to collaborate on topics of mutual interest.
The JFS is a scheme for pooling resources at a multilateral level to support collaborative research and innovation projects.
- Health, with preference:
- Anti-microbial drug resistance (new drug candidates (preclinical), diagnostics, transmission, antibiotic use and resistance in livestock, surveillance
- Emerging infectious diseases (new drug and vaccine candidates (preclinical), diagnostics, epidemiology, public health preparedness)
- Climate Change/Environment, with preference:
- Adaptation/resilience of food production systems (including varietal improvement of (plantation) crops)
- Impacts of Climate Change on Ecosystems/Biodiversity (including analysis of diversity-stability relationships and ecosystems productivity)
- Proposals may be submitted by public legal RTD (Research and Technology Development) entities, higher education institutions, non-university research establishments, companies (all depending on national regulations).
- The participation of SMEs, industries and clusters in consortia is recommended. Eligibly criteria can be found in the respective national funding regulations.
- Institutions not explicitly mentioned as recipients might be included in consortia if they provide their own funding (non-eligible organisations might join on their own costs).
- Other entities may apply if the respective national regulations allow it.
- Applicants should discuss their intentions and confirm eligibility with their respective National Contact Point before submitting a proposal.
How to Apply
Project proposals must be submitted electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Southeast Asia-Europe Joint Funding Scheme.