Deadline: 31 December 2016
Tanzania Forest Fund is seeking proposals for its Small Grants Program in order to mobilize funds for sustainable financing of the management of forest resources for the present and future generations.
- Promote awareness of the importance of the protection, development and sustainable use of forest resources through public education and training;
- Promote and assist in the development of community forestry directed towards the conversation and protection of the forest resources of the country through the making of grants and providing advice and assistance to groups of persons wishing to form themselves into a group;
- Promote and fund research into forestry;
- Assist in enabling Tanzania to benefit from international initiatives and international funds directed towards the conservation and protection of biological diversity and the promotion of sustainable development of forest resources;
- Assist groups of persons and individuals to participate in any public debates and discussions on forestry and in particular to participate in processes connected with the making of an environmental impact assessment;
- Assist groups of persons and individuals to ensure compliance with the Act; and
- Promote such other activities of a like nature to those set out in this section as will advance the purposes of this Act.
Tanzania Forest Fund will provide grants to project proposals focusing on the following priority areas:
- Forest resource protection, conservation and management.
- Improvement of livelihood of communities living adjacent to the forest resource base.
- Applied and adaptive research on forest resources conservation and management.
Small Grants amounts shall not exceed TZS. 5million.
- Project proposals from individuals, local community groups, non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, academic institutions, non-academic institutions, research institutions, private sectors, central government ministries, departments and agencies as well as local government authorities are invited.
- All organizations must be legally registered and individual applicants should have two reliable and reputable Guarantors. Approved individual research projects will be administrated through legally established organizations/institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their proposals to Fund Secretariat in both electronic and hard copies through the given website.
Eligible Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit Tanzania Forest Fund.