Deadline: 16 June 2019
UK-Brazil Researcher Links is inviting Early Career Researchers from the UK and Brazil to apply for an exciting workshop where applicants will be testing ideas, along with policy-makers, on the pressing issue of financing urban climate-resilient development.
The Workshop aims to create positive impact by making cities more climate resilient, inclusive, and sustainable, while improving the quality of life of the urban population, especially those who are most vulnerable to climate impacts.
It intends to advance research collaboration between UK and Brazil early career researchers in this area. It seeks to foster a network of researchers in order to produce novel and impact-oriented research that can benefit Brazilian cities and lead to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
This call is particularly targeted to early career researchers in the UK and Brazil from a wide range of scientific and academic fields in order to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration and innovative thinking. With the support of established academics from both countries, the workshop seeks to contribute to career development of the participants by expanding their international links, stimulating interdisciplinary and creative dialogues, and sharing knowledge, experiences, theories, methodologies and approaches.
- The workshop will take place in the city of Foz do Iguaçu, where UNIOESTE has a campus. This city is part of the so-called Triple-Border region, as it shares borders with Argentina and Paraguay.
- Please note that, if selected, applicant will need to arrange their own travel, which will be reimbursed up to a reasonable limit. Accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered by the organising institutions. Visa costs will not be covered, and participants are responsible for making all the necessary arrangements.
- Participants are encouraged to purchase adequate travel and medical insurance. The British Council accepts no responsibility for any problems which may occur when the participants are in-country.
- The workshop is targeted to early-career researchers who have a PhD or equivalent research experience, and who have no more than 10 years of academic or professional experience since concluding their degree.
- Applicants must also be based at a recognised institution in the UK or Brazil and currently hold a research or academic position (temporary or permanent).
- Applicants should undertake interdisciplinary research involving (but not limited to) the following fields: economics, finance, business management, engineering, geography, sociology, urban planning, climatology, ecology, etc.
- Applicants should commit to attend all the activities of the workshop.
- Experience and relevance of the applicant’s research to the workshop
- Motivation and contribution to the aims of the workshop
- Experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders and transdisciplinary research
- Ability to disseminate the workshop’s outcomes
How to Apply
Applicants complete and submit the online application form, applicant need to upload an updated 2-page CV in pdf format.
For more information, please visit https://sites.google.com/view/uk-brazilworkshop/home