Deadline: 20 July 2020
The National Designated Authority (NDA)- Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) in collaboration with Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) has launched a call for proposals for Strengthening Uganda’s Engagement with the Green Climate Fund (GCF) through the Development of the GCF Country Programme Project Portfolio (2020-2023).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Strengthen country capacity by enhancing coordination mechanisms and No Objection Procedure (NOL)following multi-stakeholder input.
- Support the NDA to establish a broad-based multi-stakeholder engagement process.
- Support direct access accreditation for three (3) nominated Direct Access Entities (DAEs) namely, Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) and Uganda Development Bank Ltd (UDBL).
- Access to finance through development of concept notes for climate change mitigation and adaptation projects in priority sectors.
- Engage the private sector to improve the availability of finance for climate change projects.
- Identify climate action project investment areas to guide resource mobilization strategies.
- Prioritize investment areas(mitigation/adaption) through which Uganda will engage the GCF under its Country Programme.
- Provide technical advisory to further strengthen the selected PCNs.