MFMC is a Norwegian foundation that supports communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy. The Foundation also supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions.
- The foundation’s priorities for 2019-2023 are to
- encourage and support innovation in climate communication
- increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy
- help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change
- concentrate on supporting European proposals
Types of Grants
- Large Grants: In this category, MFMC is looking for projects typically in the range of EUR 20,000 to EUR 200,000, although larger projects may be considered. The application process consists of two steps, where interested organizations are asked to initially submit a short pitch. Based on this, the organization may be invited to submit a full application if the MFMC board finds the project appealing.
- Small Grants: In this category, it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000 in a simplified one-stage process. Applications will be assessed by the MFMC board based on its aims and strategy.
- The Foundation supports advocates of climate change mitigation. The calls for applications are open to international applicants.
For more information, visit MFMC.