Do you know a special story about European cultural heritage that you would like to share with us? Are you doing exciting work with heritage in your community? They want to hear from you!
The Call for European Heritage Days Stories is a chance to share your heritage treasures with other communities in Europe.
The Call is a competitive grant award initiative organised through the European Heritage Days joint action of the Council of Europe and the European Union. The initiative aims to identify and enhance the European dimension of heritage work undertaken by heritage communities in Europe.
- All you have to do is fill in the online application form. Your story will be published on the website, and eligible organisations will also have the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to 10 000 EUR to fund an activity-focused community project.
What is the Call for European Heritage Days Stories?
- Now in its fifth edition, the initiative has established itself as a key activity dedicated to celebrating Europe’s cultural heritage.
- The objective of the Call is to identify, celebrate and enhance the European dimension of heritage work undertaken by EHDs communities in Europe. They hope to encourage people to engage with Europe’s cultural heritage, to reinforce a sense of belonging to the European common space, and to share insights into how the European dimension of local heritage is understood throughout Europe.
- The Call is open to European Heritage Days communities from participating countries, European Heritage Label sites, and EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Award winners (who have hosted an EHD in the last four years, 2019 – 2022). It is also expected that applicants will organise an EHD in 2023.
- Since 2018 they have collected over 350 beautiful European Heritage Days Stories, from each corner of the continent! If you’re looking for some inspiration, you can check them out here.
For more information, visit European Heritage Days.