Deadline: 3 April 2020
The International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four-week duration within the framework of the UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme.
The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation.
Fields of Study
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study, which are aligned with UNESCO’s objectives and programme priorities, as per approved 35 C/5 and in accordance with the decisions made by the Executive Board:
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Four week duration: from 5 October to 30 October 2020
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Facilities offered by ISEDC
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. The stipend amounting to four hundred and fifty (450) US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
- Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight.
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- Proficient in English language;
- Not more than 35 years of age;
Selection of Beneficiaries
- The final selection of beneficiaries lies with ISEDC.
- The National Commission of selected fellows will be duly informed by UNESCO and the letter of award will immediately follow.
- UNESCO will authorize the departure of beneficiaries who have completely complied with the requirements stipulated in the letter of award.
- Candidates not informed of their selection by 1st September 2020 should consider that their applications have not been approved.
Procedures on Submission of Applications
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of Diplomas;
- Certificate of English Language proficiency;
- Subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies). The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
- Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfil the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
- Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
How to Apply
A UNESCO fellowship application form duly completed in one of the three principal working languages of the Organization (English, French, Spanish), the one preferred by the host country or countries proposed.
The complete application, duly endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO, should be sent at the address given on the website.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Eswatini, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan*, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen, Afghanistan, Bangladesh*, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor – Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (plurinacional State of), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti*, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovak Republic, The Republic of North Macedonia, Turkey, and Ukraine, Tokelau
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, visit http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescoisedc-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme/