Deadline: 1 June 2018
Applications are open for 2018 Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition that is a unique global challenge in which three university students are rewarded for their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry.
This competition defines the wellness industry broadly and is looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more. Students are to submit a concept submission form detailing their idea, as well as a short 1-2 minute video presentation of their idea. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for people with great ideas!
Total value of all prizes is USD $10,000.
- First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive USD $5,000
- Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive USD $3,000
- Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive USD $2,000
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college, and must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leader will be flown to Italy along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
Rules and Criteria
- Rules: Students are asked to submit a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that has the potential to become a profitable business venture. Each individual or team is required to submit a Concept Submission Form in addition to a one to two minute video. The video should include a presentation of the idea, focusing on why the innovation could positively impact the wellness industry and how exactly it could become a viable business.
- Video Criteria
- Video length: Video must be between one to two minutes.
- Video submission: Video must be uploaded on the contestant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account (Please refer to YouTube’s and Dailymotion’s upload guidelines for more information).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Shark Tank of Wellness.