Deadline: 2 April 2020
The UNFI Foundation is seeking applications for inspiring better food systems & nurturing everyday health in the communities.
- Increasing the supply of organic food
- Supporting organic farmers who work hard every day to grow healthier food options. More organic food means healthier soil, cleaner air, and more tasty, nutritious food for families.
- For example: efforts to increase the number of certified organic farms through cost share, outreach and training.
- Improving access to fresh, healthy food
- They see food as medicine. Underserved communities and those facing serious illness or diet-related disease need it most.
- For example: mobile markets and meal delivery to at-risk community members
- Providing hunger relief for vulnerable populations
- Doing part to alleviate hunger in their communities, always through the lens of healthy, nutritious food.
- For example: farm-to-food bank initiatives and community garden programs.
- Advancing childhood nutrition education
- Creating space and opportunity for kids to adopt healthy eating practices when it matters most. Meaningful, hands-on food learning in the classroom, cafeteria and in the garden.
- For example: school gardens, backpack programs and nutrition education efforts.
- Direct grants to individuals
- “Pass-through” organizations
- International organizations or projects
- Political campaigns and legislative lobbying efforts
- Building or capital campaigns
- Private foundations
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
- Governmental agencies
- Sponsorships, advertising, or fundraising
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.unfifoundation.org/funding-guidelines-calendar