Deadline: 1 September 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for the Vivatech 2019 Challenge which is organized by AfricArena International Africa Tech Conference.
Today, the African Agriculture industry is facing challenges such as :
- the impact and consequences of climate on local agriculture areas
- the optimisation of limited resources, weather natural, energy and/or living beings
- the financing of local initiatives
AI in agriculture represents a collection of multiple technologies able to to help prediction and monitoring functions. Combined with existing systems and human resources, these technologies can help answer those key challenges.
- First prize: One exhibition stand for startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris.
- Second prize: Pitching slot for startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris.
- Third prize: Two Vivatech 2019 tickets for team.
The program is looking for AI based technologies, product or services that would:
- help predict and monitor climatic impacts (using data and predictive schemes…) and/or assets
- integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, including in limited connectivity areas
- integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, without needing a significant investment
- take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use/assess/develop the technology
- support the financement of local initiatives
- generate a self-running growth engine for AgriTech in Africa
- Geographic Area: For this challenge they will consider only:
- Startups from operating in Africa
- Maturity Criteria: Only startups can participate in this challenge, meaning:
- Innovative solution or serviceLess than 5 years of existenceEarly-stage // Seed-stage company
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Vivatech 2019 Challenge.