Deadline: 1 March 2018
The Benefit-sharing Fund of the FAO International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture has launched a Call for Proposals for its fourth cycle of projects to enable farmers around the world use and conserve adapted varieties, leading to increased productivity, on-farm incomes and nutrient-rich food, as well as enhanced resilience to production shocks and reduced adverse impacts to the environment.
This Call for Proposals also emphasizes new partnerships, including bringing technology and knowledge to the community and farm levels, and highlighting the important role of women in biodiversity management, farming and rural development.
The CFP4 programme focuses on farmers, who are the ultimate beneficiaries of the conservation and sustainable utilization of PGRFA. Attention will be given to enhancing the policy environment and funding opportunities for Treaty implementation as well as to filling gaps along the seed-value-chain.
- The amount of funding available for the Fourth Call for Proposals is expected to be at least US$ 5 million.
- This BSF project cycle will fund both single country projects (maximum funding/project: USD 250 000) and multi-country projects (maximum funding/project: USD 450 000) for a duration of 18 months to 48 months.
- Eligible applicants include governmental and non-governmental organizations, including farmers and farmers’ organizations, genebanks and research institutions, as well as regional and international organizations based in developing countries that are Contracting Parties to the International Treaty. Partners of the projects that are selected will be funded to work together to establish and strengthen linkages between projects and across Regions.
- To be judged eligible to receive funding from the Benefit-sharing Fund in this Fourth Call for Proposals, all pre-proposals must comply with the following eligibility criteria established by the Governing Body:
- Contribute to the objectives of the International Treaty;
- Fall within the priorities established by the Governing Body;
- Benefit Contracting Parties that are developing countries;
- Be presented through the Contracting Party or Parties concerned;
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
All applications must be made using the Submission Form for pre-proposals available on the given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
For more information, visit http://www.fao.org/plant-treaty/news/news-detail/en/c/1073028/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.