Deadline: 30 March 2018
This program is aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Prospective applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for master’s studies at the time of application.
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a bachelor’s degree application not more than two years before the time of this call.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the university of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree programme one must have attained the High School Certificate (HSC) also known as Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. For admission into Egerton University one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Have commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation
Note: Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded via given website.
For further information, please visit RUFORUM.