Deadline: 10 February 2019
Did you know that only 27% Indians have health insurance and that 60% MSMEs lack access to formal credit? Can you make the lives of a billion people better – through better financial services and helping them improve their livelihoods? If yes, then you can take part in the second cohort of the one-of-its-kind ‘Financial Inclusion Lab’ programme.
Applicants are invited to apply for the Financial Inclusion Lab, a CIIE initiative which is supported by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, J.P. Morgan, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, and the Omidyar Network.
The Financial Inclusion Lab has been set up by CIIE as a part of its Bharat Inclusion Initiative. It aims to improve the financial health of India’s underserved communities by supporting startups in the areas of Financial Services, Skilling and Livelihoods. The Lab is also collaborating with MicroSave Consulting, an international financial inclusion consultancy firm, to provide participating startups high-touch consulting and insights into the low-and-middle income (LMI) segment. Thus, the Lab brings together an unparalleled combination of domain experts, thought leaders and the best management brains in the country to help build and scale inclusive innovations.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Lab will support the selected startups in identifying and validating sustainable scale up strategies through expert-led field studies, intensive workshops, mentoring, and financial support. Up to 10 startups will be selected for this 20-week long acceleration programme.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Each selected startup will receive the following support:
- Capital of up to INR 30 lakhs for Market Validation
- Mentoring through diagnostics and clinics with LMI-focused practitioners and domain experts
- Field studies led by LMI experts to gather customer and market insights
- Curated sessions by faculty and experts at IIM Ahmedabad
- Access to CIIE’s exclusive Founder Network of 300+ startup founders
- Extensive visibility through our platforms and networks
- Portfolio support up to one year to help connect with customers, channel partners and investors
- Investment readiness advisory and preparation
- Cloud credits, legal, marketing and other ancillary services worth an additional INR 20 lakhs
Startup they seek
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Solving real and critical problem(s) for low and middle-income customers in the areas of financial services, skill development, and livelihood generation
- Have validated their solution through paying customers, stickiness, referrals and similar metrics
- Ready with scalable solutions that leverage ICT, especially open-access inclusive platforms such as India
- Stack and others
- Feature strong teams with complementary skill sets and founders working full-time only on the solution
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://bharatinclusion.in/financial-inclusion-lab.html