Deadline: 11 June 2020
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has announced a second call for Expressions of Interest (EoI), to develop innovative and rapid health-related approaches and deliver quick results relevant to society and higher preparedness of health systems.
Committed to the global nature and approach, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has joined the forces with the European Commission (EC) to allow Indian research, innovation and translation ecosystems to contribute to finding rapid solutions, development of newage healthcare, medical and manufacturing technologies, and contemporary healthcare preparedness platforms to mitigate emergencies like COVID-19 in the interest and in line with India’s objectives.
- DBT will fund the Indian partners/entities in a successful project, as per requirement of the project, for the project duration, up to 3 years.
- Participants from India
- Any legal entity/ organization established in India with expertise in relevant and distinct disciplines. No limit on number of Indian participants but each partner should be necessary for the execution of the project and comply with the eligibility conditions.
- The call is open to all career groups (i.e. early, intermediate and senior); however, it is expected that each investigator shall have adequate service tenure to accommodate key research, coordination, outreach, post completion handholding and maintenance (if any) responsibilities. Early career investigators are encouraged to participate.
- Each participating legal entity/organisation should be represented by at least two investigators. ·
- Participation of Indian business partner and/or an Indian urban or other local government body who would be the end user of the solution is encouraged.
- The number of Indian project partners should be optimum and correspond to the objectives of the project. The proposal should clearly demonstrate each partner’s essentiality, complementarities, and added- value in jointly addressing the topic.
- Participants from EU
- Entities from Member States of the European Union , including their overseas departments and outermost regions; and
- Entities from Associated Countries (AC)4 to EU R&I Programme ‘Horizon 2020’.
- European Entities Eligible to Participate
- Any natural or legal person (e.g. any company, big or small, research organisations, universities, nongovernmental organisations, etc.) regardless of their place of residence or establishment in Europe;
- They must possess the operational and financial viability to carry out the research tasks that they propose.
- Indian Entities Eligible to Participate
- Government of India supported or recognised (Public or Private) academia; research organisations and urban or other local bodies;
- Government of India recognised not-for-profit, NGO(s)/ VO(s)/ Trust(s)/ Research foundations, having research as one of the imperative mandates;
- Government of India recognised Indian Industry can be a partner in the consortium and are eligible for funding subject to fulfilment of DBT’s technical, administrative and financial norms.
For more information, visit http://dbtindia.gov.in/latest-announcement/india-eu-co-funding-announcement-rapid-solutions-and-higher-preparedness-covid