Deadline: 31 August 2017
The Child Health Foundation (CHF) is currently accepting proposals from interested health workers, investigators, or community organizations for its Innovative Small Grants Program with an aim to improve the health of infants, children, and pregnant women.
The Foundation’s mission is to improve the lives of children in low-income settings across the globe by empowering local communities to creatively solve their most pressing child health challenges.
Small innovative projects can make a major impact on child health in diverse settings, and show concerned health workers, community organizations and/or government policy-makers that answers to some persistent health problems are available.
- Development of sustainable biomedical and social technologies
- Adaptation and implementation of technologies in local situations that may have widespread applications.
- Projects that involve only general medical care of children but without innovative aspects will not be considered.
Budgets should not exceed US$5,00O.
- Proposals may be submitted by individuals (with organizational support).
- Organizations must be certified, that is, hold registration in the country of origin. And will ask for a credible reference.
- The projects may address child health issues in a developing country or in the United States.
- The projects should be done within one year and should be able to document measurable results.
How to Apply
Proposals must be sent by post or email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, United States.
For more information, visit http://childhealthfoundation.org/how-to-apply/