Deadline 10 August 2016
The Medtronic Foundation invites eligible applicants for the Bakken Invitation Award, celebrating and connecting people, who with the help of medical technology, are contributing in communities all around the world through charitable service and volunteerism. It embraces the legacy of Medtronic co-founder and humanitarian Earl Bakken.
The applicants receive around $20,000 grant.
- Individuals who, with the help of medical technology, are giving their time and talent to improve the quality of life for others.
- Applicants must be 14 years or older.
- Individuals must be managing one of the following chronic diseases heart diseases, diabetes, spinal disorders, chronic pain, or neurological, gastroenterological and urological disorders and, cancer, stroke, and obesity.
- Applicants must benefit from a medical technology that was approved, cleared or registered in accordance with the applicant’s country’s laws and regulations in managing or treating at least one of the following disease states and was used on the applicant in accordance with the approved or cleared indications for use for the medical technology: Heart disease (including heart attack, cardiac arrest, coronary artery disease), stroke, diabetes, neurological, digestive/urological or spinal disorders, obesity, chronic pain, cancer.
- Medical technology includes medical device therapies and surgical procedures. All applicants with eligible medical technology are welcome to apply, regardless of device manufacturer.
- Applicants must be actively involved with a non-profit organization for 6 months or more.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Bakken Invitation Award.