Deadline: 31 May 2018
BASF is seeking applications for its 2018 Newtrition® Asia Research grant program that aims to fund and support academics in Asia Pacific to study nutritional topics that will advance research relevant to diet and health for consumers in this region.
The grant program stimulates innovation and is an ideal platform for researchers in the region to connect and exchange ideas to improve health of consumers in Asia-Pacific.
Winners will each receive up to 40,000 Euros in equivalent local currency and will have 18 months to conduct their research.
- Cardiovascular Health: endothelial function, blood pressure management and reduction of inflammation, early prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Metabolic Health: glycemic control, reducing insulin resistance, triglyceride lowering, improving HDL-cholesterol, reduction of abdominal obesity, weight management.
- Physical Function and Mobility: physical mobility in the elderly, sports nutrition, bone, joint or/and muscle health, body composition or sport recovery.
- Projects shall have significant scientific and application value, addressingexisting health issues of populations in the Asia Pacific region in the areas of human nutrition and food science.
- The applicant must be the principal investigator of the study and must have an education degree of M.Sc and higher. The applicant(s) must have experience in conducting research in the areas of medicine, nutrition, clinical science, food science or health science. Investigators should be academics from universities, hospitals, research institutes, centers for disease control or government agencies, etc.
- Projects should be original, have good scientific rationale, innovative and have well-defined and specific objectives. The study design should have clear and validated methodologies with outcomes that have practical application value.
- The proposed budget shall be reasonable and appropriate. Generally, the grant provided by Newtrition® Asia Research Grant should cover all funding requirements of the project including institute overheads. If additional funding is needed from other organizations or individuals, written consent shall be obtained from Newtrition® Asia Research Grant, clearly stating the funding source and how the additional funds will be utilized.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Newtrition® Asia Research grant.
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia**, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia**, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States