Deadline: 17 October 2017
Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) has announced a second funding opportunity for the development of vaccines against epidemic infectious diseases.
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to identify and fund proposals for vaccine platform technologies that enable rapid vaccine development, fast scale up, and achieve clinical benefit quickly for reactive use in outbreaks of novel or previously unrecognised viruses. Proposals can include new platforms with the potential for rapidly making a vaccine using generally regarded as safe materials (GRAS); or those compressing the time of an existing (proven) platform to make it more responsive in an unknown threat situation.
- Target a 16-week timeframe from identification of antigen to product release for clinical trials
- Target a 6-week timeframe from administration of first dose to achievement of clinical benefit (i.e. immune response likely to result in clinical benefit)
- Produce 100,000 vaccine doses within 8 weeks to impact an emerging outbreak (i.e. from Godecision to scale-up to production, fill, finish, and release)
- This call for proposals is open worldwide to vaccine relevant R&D entities that bring the relevant expertise and experience to address challenges within the scope of this call.
- Funding beneficiaries must be legal entities, or consortia of at least two legal entities. Applicant organisations or consortia of partnering organizations should have experience in vaccine development, i.e. a track record of bringing vaccine candidates through to human clinical trials in the last ten years.
- CEPI may conduct due diligence reviews for feasibility verification, legal, business and financial compliance before awards are made.
- This call is open for proposals on vaccine platform technologies that can provide data from a vaccine candidate on the proposed platform that demonstrate immunogenicity using a relevant animal model.
- These data could be based on studies with the pathogens targeted in this call, or on another pathogen, ideally an outbreak-prone virus.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit CEPI Call for Proposals.