Deadline: 30 April 2017
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is seeking applications for its Research Grants with an aim to finance projects addressing original scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country and of regional interest.
The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy.
- Stimulating collaborative research between ICGEB Member States and with the ICGEB Component laboratories
- Promoting training of young scientists
- Facilitating the creation of appropriate research facilities
The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000.
- Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the ICGEB Member States.
- Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory.
- Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
- Investigating groups do not qualify for submission of applications:
- if previously awarded projects have not been evaluated and satisfactorily concluded;
- if the University or Research Institute of the Principal Investigator is based in Italy.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Afghanistan, Algeria ,Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Hungary, India, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq , Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Macedonia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam.
For more information, please visit Research Grants.