Deadline: 1 May 2017
The Donaghue Foundation is seeking applications for its Research Grant program to highlight opportunities to increase value in healthcare. The goal of this program is to test new approaches and tools that organizations can readily use to improve the value of the healthcare they provide to their patients and communities.
Eligible topics include research concerning the following strategies:
- Efforts that significantly increase the value of traditionally high-cost procedures through mechanisms such as medical tourism or specialty treatment centers
- Methods or approaches that reduce routine treatments, tests, and screenings for patients for whom the potential harms (including financial harm) outweigh potential benefits
- Provide consumers with the tools to make decisions about their healthcare that are based on value in addition to other patient-centered factors
- Encourage providers and their patients with serious illnesses to engage in difficult conversations about preferences and trade-offs related to alternative treatment options
- Identify, highlight and resolve structural disincentives to greater value or inefficiencies within systems or across healthcare settings
- Create economic models that address current financial disincentives for systemic change (i.e., paying for current programs with future savings or paying for social determinants of health with the savings from lower clinical services)
- Worthy, inexpensive clinical interventions that are currently underused
The Trustees will commit to each selected investigator up to $600,000 per award; the project duration may before three, four or five years.
- This program is open to investigators at tax-exempt research institutions in the United States.
- In order to receive the award, the applicant must demonstrate how their research question is important to relevant stakeholders, how answers to their questions will lead to practical benefit in bringing greater value to health and healthcare, and propose a rigorous research design.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their LOI electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, Please visit Donaghue Foundation.