Deadline: 10 February 2017
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on International Child Health (SOICH) is seeking applicants for its International Community Access to Child Health (ICATCH) Grant program with an aim to provide both financial and technical support to grant recipients who are developing and implementing a program or project that improves child health in their community.
ICATCH grants emphasize:
- Partnerships with governmental and/or nongovernmental agencies or groups(such as public health centers, schools, faith-based groups or local businesses)
- Sustainability and growth of the program beyond the funding period
- Expansion of successful strategies to other communities or regions
- ICATCH will provide financial support up to a maximum of $6000 over a three-year period.
- Funds are distributed as a maximum of $2000 per year.
- ICATCH will accept applications only from low-income and lower-middle income countries (mentioned below).
- Project Directors and Co-Project Directors need not be pediatricians—applications can come from other medical doctors, surgeons, nurses, midwives, health workers, social workers, dentists, physical therapists or anyone who provides health care or health education for children and youth.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email as a Word or PDF at the address given on the website.
Low-Income Countries: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
Lower-Middle-Income Countries: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia.
For more information, please visit ICATCH Grant Program.