Deadline: 13 October 2016
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health is currently inviting applications for its International Tobacco, and Health Research and Capacity Building Program with an aim to support collaborative research projects that address the health burden of tobacco use in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs). Trans-disciplinary research in LMICs may be proposed, with the overall goal of reducing the global burden of morbidity and mortality caused by tobacco use. The program is designed to promote international research collaborations between investigators in the U.S. and scientists/institutions in LMICs to pursue research on tobacco control and prevention in LMICs where tobacco consumption poses a public health challenge.
The goal of the program is focused on strengthening the research base in LMICs. To this end, research capacity strengthening in the LMIC(s) must be an integrated and significant part of the research application
- Application budgets are limited to direct costs of up to $250,000 per year.
- The maximum project period is 5 years.
- Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
- The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for NIH support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education:
- Hispanic-serving Institutions
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
- Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by downloading the application package via given website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.