Deadline: 15 May 2017
The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) is seeking applications for its Refugee Health Promotion (RHP) discretionary grant with an aim to support health and emotional wellness among refugees. The program is designed to coordinate and promote local health and mental health services and education. The funding should enhance access to health care services.
The RHP grant is intended to encourage partnerships with community-based organizations and complement existing care coordination and medical assistance programs such as Medicaid and Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA), which includes Refugee Medical Screening (RMS), and other ORR-funded social service programs, including Preferred Communities.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,600,000
- Award Ceiling: $200,000
- Award Floor: $75,000
- ORR is limiting the FOA to the following eligible entities:
- the state government agency that is responsible for the refugee program under 45 CFR 400.5 or such agency’s designee or the state government agency responsible for the refugee health program as evidenced by ORR’s review of the State Plan;
- an agency that has statewide responsibility for an alternative to the state-administered program in lieu of the state under a Wilson/Fish grant authorized by section 412(e)(7) of the INA or such agency’s designee.
- Eligible entities may only submit one application per state or designate one entity to apply on its behalf. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement.
- Faith-based organizations are encouraged to review the ACF Policy on Grants to Faith-Based Organizations
- Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.