The RISE by Sundara is pleased to announce the Emergency Aid Program to assist communities across the globe who need immediate, short-term relief.
- They provided 1,500 refugees from the Bukompe Refugee Camp in Uganda with ceramic water purifiers, water tanks, and funds to construct two borehole wells.
- They provided 60 students from a school in Old Odunasi, an rural village in Ghana, with immediate access to sinks and toilets.
- They distributed reusable face masks to over 1000 families in India during the first government mandated lockdown in 2020.
- They distributed bars of soap to over 2800 people in India requiring urgent access to sanitization methods during the initial outbreak of COVID.
- They provided over 500 people living below the federal poverty line in New York City with critical access to cleaning supplies, hand-soap, toiletries, diapers, and infant formula.
- They reached over 2800 people from underserved communities in India with emergency food aid packages during the first outbreak of COVID.
- If you are:
- A woman living in a low to middle income country or serving underserved communities in high income countries
- A female-led nonprofit with an annual budgets under $40,000 USD
- Legally able to accept funds from the USA.
- If your work:
- Responds to an emergency in your community that requires immediate assistance to improve the water, sanitation or hygiene circumstances
- Empowers women
- Does not have an income-generating aspect or a long term business plan, as you are seeking short term aid for a problem that requires immediate attention
For more information, visit https://www.sundarafund.org/rise-by-sundara