Deadline: 5 November 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Bangladesh (USAID/Bangladesh) is seeking Expression of Interest (EoI) for a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) from qualified U.S and non-U.S. organisations to fund an activity entitled “Advancing Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in Bangladesh” with an aim to significantly expand access to safe, affordable and quality health services in Bangladesh, while increasing financial protection, particularly of the poor, in support of the Government of Bangladesh’s National Health Care Financing Strategy.
This Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) seeks opportunities to co-create, co-design, co-invest and collaborate on interventions that demonstrate the highest potential to dramatically improve health impacts by tackling key constraints within the existing NGO health delivery sector and health financing sector.
Funding Information: Any grant requested must fall between $60,000,000 to $90,000,000.
Criteria for Consideration
- Submissions are not evaluated against other submissions, but solely against the evaluation criteria from the BAA.
- Decisions regarding USAID’s pursuit of a particular project, technology or relationship are based on the available evidence, data, and resulting analysis. USAID seeks solutions that have a significant impact (i.e. breakthroughs, not incremental improvements), and can achieve that impact at scale.
- The reputations of an organization, its past performance, the managerial and technical ability of the person or team of people engaged in the endeavor are always significant considerations in assessing the potential and the risks associated with each award.
- For the purposes of this BAA, USAID/Bangladesh/OPHNE seeks co-creation partners that possess a number of the following experiences:
- connecting disparate communities, i.e. academia, private sector, civil society;
- innovatively addressing/harnessing challenges/opportunities to universal health coverage, innovative health financing approaches; delivery of health services through a network of clinics, accreditation of health facilities, franchising/network development experience; Health solutions
- connecting with experts in nontraditional and diverse sectors;
- implementing adaptive and/or iterative programming;
- managing successful peer-to-peer networks; and
- catalyzing new ideas effectively.
- Criteria to be applied to all Expressions of Interest:
- Idea/Approach: Soundness of your idea/approach, including appropriate evidence, to fostering systems that address the challenges and harness opportunities to advance universal health coverage through a network of clinics in Bangladesh.
- Partnership Expectations and Value: Strengths of your organization as a partner, including a brief description of your organization’s experience and /or expertise with regard to the objectives of the BAA, demonstrated organizational capacity to partner with other organizations and your ability to provide a financial, in-kind, or leveraged match at various stages of the process.
- Public, private, for-profit, and nonprofit organizations, as well as institutions of higher education, public international organizations, non-governmental organizations, U.S. and non-U.S. governmental organizations, multilateral and international donor organizations are eligible under this BAA.
- All organizations must be determined to be responsive to the BAA and sufficiently responsible to perform or participate in the final award type.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their Expression of Interest electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit grants.gov.