Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) is currently seeking LOIs for its grant program in order to support organizations working with people who are most affected by HIV in the Americas, defined as the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
EJAF will fund organizations working toward one or more of the following goals:
- Wellness: Improving the health of people living with HIV or at risk or otherwise affected by HIV
- Rights: Upholding the rights of people living with and affected by HIV
- Quality of Life: Addressing the social and economic needs of people living with and affected by HIV
- Resilience: Strengthening the skills and strategies of organizations and activists addressing HIV.
The U.S. organization’s grant-making program focuses on the following targeted areas:
- Gay men’s mobilization for health
- Youth mobilization for health
- Black community mobilization for health
- Ending injection-related HIV transmission
- Access to healthcare for ex-offenders
- Scale-up of government HIV programming
EJAF will fund a wide range of activities and costs as follows:
- Led by and based in the communities being served;
- Advocating for improved industry and government health policies and funding;
- Piloting or scaling upinnovative programs to promote health and rights;
- Demonstrating a history of activism, creativity, and urgency in working to address and curtail the HIV epidemic; and
- Grounded in evidence about where and among whom HIV infections are happening, and evidence about the best interventions to help people avoid infection or, if HIV-positive, to live healthy lives.
The following populations are prioritized by EJAF’s grant making:
- People living with HIV
- Gay and bisexual men
- Transgender people
- Black women and men (i.e. of African and Caribbean heritage)
- Hispanic/Latinx people
- Women and girls
- Adolescents and young adults
- People who use drugs
- People who are or have been incarcerated
- Migrants and immigrants
- Sex workers
How to Apply
Interested organizations must submit LOIs online via given website.
- United States, Canada, Mexico
- Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago
- Central America: Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicargua and Panama
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela
For more information, please visit EJAF Grants.