Deadline: 5 August 2016
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking proposals from eligible entities for a program entitled “Global Fund HIV Grant” with an aim to seek partners to work as sub-Recipients for community outreach for HIV and AIDS programme for UNDP as principal recipient of Global Fund HIV Grant in Angola.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Global Fund is a financing mechanism that provides funding to countries to support programs that prevent, treat and care for people with HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Since 2005, the Global Fund has been supporting the fight against all 3 diseases in Angola. The latest approved grants were for the three diseases, as well as for health system strengthening. The grants are supposed to start on 1 July 2016. The grant for HIV and HIV/TB co-infection will be managed by UNDP as Principal Recipient, with INLS as the main implementing partner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Lot I: is defined within the HIV grant module ‘Prevention programme for female sex workers and their clients’ with a maximum budget of 365,000 USD.
- In coordination with key population friendly health facilities, reach 9500 sex workers in the provinces of Luanda and Benguela with a standard package of services that includes:
- Female sex worker sensitized on prevention one-or-one or in a small group by (peer) activist.
- Female sex worker counseled and tested either by (peer) activist or at key population friendly health facility or in a mobile testing truck.
- Test result of female sex worker followed up upon by (peer) activist.
- Follow-up and adherence support to seropositive SWs by (peer) activist.
- Promotion of condoms organized through activists and hotspot events.
- Conduct a condom use survey in the second year of the project.
Lot II: is defined within the three HIV grant modules ‘Treatment and Care, Co-infection and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)’ with a maximum budget of 758, 000 USD.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Reach 30,000 people in one-on-one and/or small group interaction with defined set of activities, through activists.
- Co- infection: preventing tuberculosis (TB) in seropositive people living with HIV or AIDS through supporting adherence to intermittent prevention treatment (IPT with isoniazid) and regular check-ups. Following on HIV positive TB cases for their adherence to treatment.
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: Promote testing among pregnant women and organize information events at ante-natal clinics. Follow-up on seropositive pregnant women and their treatment during pregnancy and after delivery. Organize meetings and self-help groups among seropositive women.
- Treatment: Support to medical follow-up and adherence to ARV treatment of people living with HIV and AIDs.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The organizations that can conduct this assignment are the civil society, including non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, community groups and academic institutions, as well as private consultancy firms.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website
For more information, please visit Global Fund HIV Grant.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.