Deadline: 1 March 2018
The objective of the Civil Society Programme Area is: ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
Areas of Support
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
In Romania, the allocation to the Active Citizens Fund (the civil society programme) is EUR 46 000 000.
- In order to be eligible for the Fund Operator role, all bidders must:
- Be legal entities in the EEA and
- Be non-governmental, independent of local, regional and central government, political parties and religious institutions and
- Form a consortium and
- Have stable and sufficient sources of finance to maintain their activity throughout the Programme and
- Have experience working with the civil society sector in the beneficiary country
- In addition, the lead bidder must:
- Be non-profit making with a non-commercial purpose
- At least one organisation in the consortium must:
- Have sufficient regranting experience
- Have sufficient experience in strengthening civil society capacity and sustainability
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Active Citizens Fund in Romania.