Deadline: 8 April 2019
British High Commission Belmopan is seeking Project Proposals for 2019/2020.
2019 / 2020 Themes
This year the BHC project themes in Belize are:
- Human Rights / Rule of Law e.g. LGBT, domestic / sexual violence;
- Environment / Conservation e.g. eliminating single use plastics, illegal wildlife trade, maritime
- Security e.g. threats, conflict and stability, cyber security
- maximum budget per project bid is BZ$30,000
- projects will be funded for a single financial year only running from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020. There should be no expectation of continued funding beyond this period.
- British High Commission is particularly interested in project bids that will add value and impact via innovative activities to improve relationships and cooperation between all stakeholders (civil society organisations, the general public, relevant institutions and the Government of Belize).
- Projects should demonstrate how they will make a difference e.g. by covering an existing gap in the system or promoting practical change.
- Results should be clear, measurable and sustainable. Priority will be given to projects that draw on UK priorities, experience and expertise and strengthen UK-Belize co-operation.
Project bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the thematic priorities (above)
- outcomes that are achievable within the funding period
- a strong project design that includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- sustainability demonstrating that project benefits will continue after the funding ends
- risk and financial accountability procedures
- the organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- overall value for money
How to Apply
Projects bids must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2O1uUa1