Deadline: 9 June 2020
The Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) is seeking nominations from affiliates, local unions and labour councils for the Solidarity & Pride Champion Award.
This annual award is to acknowledge and celebrate individuals or groups who have made a significant or ongoing contribution to the advancement of the two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (2SLGBTQI+) human rights, equity and inclusion. OFL is seeking nominees who are leaders in advancing equality and quality of life for 2SLGBTQI+ people in workplaces, community and globally.
The OFL encourages affiliates, local unions and labour councils to view through an intersectional lens when selecting their nominees, Pride activists who identify as racialized and/or living with disabilities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The nominee must be an individual or group who has not previously received this award and who:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lives or works within the region of Ontario and identifies as a member of the 2SLGBTQI+ community or represents members of the 2SLGBTQI+ community.
- Takes a proactive role in raising awareness and championing 2SLGBTQI+ issues.
- Is committed to furthering diversity and inclusion in the workplace and promoting social justice for 2SLGBTQI+ people in the broader community.
- Is a leader in advancing equality and understanding for 2SLGBTQI+ people and advocates in the human rights and labour movements to advance the rights and freedoms of the 2SLGBTQI+ community.
- Is passionate about breaking down barriers for 2SLGBTQI+ people everywhere.
- Has promoted 2SLGBTQI+ rights and equality within the labour movement, community, and/or legislative reform.
The selection of an individual or group recipient of the OFL Solidarity & Pride Champion Award is based on exceptional achievement and union/community activism that incorporated and promoted human rights and equality for 2SLGBTQI+ people. The OFL Solidarity & Pride Committee will review all nominations and make a recommendation to the OFL Officers. Recipients selected for the award will be honored with a Plaque of Recognition.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit http://ofl.ca/pride-and-solidarity-award-call-for-nominations-2020/