Deadline: 29 July 2016
The Embassy of Canada to Senegal is seeking applicants for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives in order to strengthen Canada’s relationships with civil society and local communities and to build networks of contacts in countries around the world.
Project activities can begin on the date of the signing of the contribution agreement. All activities must be completed at the latest by February 28, 2017.
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights
- Promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth
- Promoting stability and security
- The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $10,000-$25,000 for each individual project.
- Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis.
- The Fund is open to applications from international and regional organizations, as well as local, regional and national governments.
- The majority of CFLI funding is directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other organizations working at the local level.
- Partners may be local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), village or neighborhood associations, community organizations, etc.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted electronically via given website.
For information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.