Deadline: 19 July 2019
“Promoting human rights through inclusive education and empowerment of local civil society organization” is a project funded by the European Union under the Civil Society Facility Action 2016-2017 – Support to Civil Society Organizations Capacities” and implemented by AVSI Fundation in partnership with the International Association for Solidarity (SHIS) and the Women in Development Shkoder.
The project aims:
- To strengthen the capacities of civil society organizations focused on education and children’s rights in Albania
- To promote institutional collaboration and good models and practices at local level to prevent and manage violent and abusive situation among children’s.
- To promote the implementation of the School as e community center model, by raising capacities of pedagogical staff and awareness of the parents and community members.
- To raise awareness of the communities on the importance of the School and the family support for the wellbeing of the children’s and the democratization of the society.
- The Overall objective of this Call for Proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights protection.
- The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- To promote good practices and models of protection of children from abuse and violence among students, teachers, communities, and CSOs in the areas of Shkodër, Pukë and Malësia e Madhe;
- To support the inclusive education and early childhood development with special focus on vulnerable and minority groups in the areas of Shkodër, Puke and Malësi e Madhe.
Some of the priorities and activities that should be addressed in the project for proposal as follows:
- Development and implementation of the model School as community centre in the regions of Shkodër, Pukë and Malesia e Madhe;
- Develop and implement awareness raising activities with parents and community members on issues regarding the prevention of violence and abuse against the children;
- Develop and implement activities that contribute to enabling parents for family strengthening;
- Organize jointly with primary schools social, cultural and sport activities for children;
- Possible networking activities with central and local stakeholders responsible for the inclusive education and early childhood development;
- Organize awareness raising activities using social media to promote children rights.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amount:
- Minimum amount: 10,800 EUR
- Maximum amount: 10,800 EUR
The project duration is 30 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- be a legal person officially registered and not profit making;
- be established and operating in Albania and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organization in the form of association, centre, and foundations;
- Having at least two years of experience in implementing activities at community level on the issues of children’s right, education sector, minorities and families;
- The call is open to all organizations fulfilling the above mentioned conditions. However, priority will be given to proposals submitted by local organizations operating in Shkodër, Pukë and Malësia e Madhe with proven experience on children’s rights protection and education.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form available n the given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.shisalbania.org/eng/d/67/open-call-for-proposals