Deadline: 31 August 2016
The Law and Justice Foundation has launched a Grants Program with an aim to improve access to justice, particularly for socially and economically disadvantaged people, by supporting selected projects to improve access and decrease barriers to justice, or through research, to identify need or ways to improve access to justice.
The current focus of the Grants Program is on projects from which lessons will be learned that contribute to identifying effective reforms, initiatives and programs to address legal need.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The Foundation will only make grants to projects that fit squarely within its statutory objects to contribute to the development of a fair and equitable justice system, and to improve access to justice, especially for socially and economically disadvantaged people.
- The Foundation aims to be very ‘outcomes’ focused in relation to its grants program, and will only make grants where there is likely to be a real ‘outcome’ that will contribute to the achievement of the Foundation’s objects. Applicants are therefore required to identify the particular need they are addressing, how the project seeks to address this need, and how they will know they have made a difference at the end of the project.
- In assessing applications the Foundation will, where appropriate, take an evidence-based approach. Applications that refer to up-to-date evidence and research to support their methods/proposals assist the Foundation’s considerations.
- The Foundation is not a recurrent funder. The Foundation’s grants program cannot be relied upon for support of ongoing activities, or of ‘core business’ of an organization.
General grants are for projects of up to $50,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Foundation accepts applications from organizations with an ABN.
- The Foundation does not accept applications from individuals or profit making businesses.
- Preference will be given to applications initiated at community level or with substantial community input.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Australia
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit The Law and Justice Foundation Grants Program.