Deadline: 14 January 2017
Third Wave Fund is seeking applications for its Mobilize Power Fund to support bold activism in real time.
The Mobilize Power Fund is:
- A rapid response fund for direct action, community mobilization, and healing justice.
- Available to coalitions, organizations, and non-501(c)(3) efforts.
- Open all year and accepts proposals in many formats: written narrative, a phone call, or a short video.
- Dedicated to work led by young women of color, queer, Trans, and intersex youth of color and low-income youth.
Third Wave Fund is the only national fund that supports youth-led Gender Justice Activism to advance the political power, well-being, and self determination of communities of color and low-income communities in the United States.
This Fund May Support:
- Actions against criminalization and violence
- Urgent community organizing or direct action
- Unanticipated legislative or ballot initiative campaigns
- Leadership training or participatory action research
- Healing and healing justice work
- Legal or bail fees
- Marches or rallies
- Grants can be made for up to $3,000 USD. Larger grants may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Coalitions or joint proposals can request up to $3,000 per group.
Organizations do not need a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding. The fund makes this clear to strongly encourage grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.
How to Apply
- Applicants have to submit all the necessary materials by following this checklist:
- Cover Sheet
- Project Narrative
- Organizational Budget and Fiscal Sponsor’s Organizational Budget, if applicable
- 501c3 IRS Letter for applicant’s Organization or applicant’s Fiscal Sponsor, if applicable
- Any pictures, hashtag(s), and/or links that the fund could share in their monthly E-Blast, should applicants be funded
- Narratives can be completed as a written document, a phone interview, or a video that responds to the narrative prompts.
- All materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Third Wave’s Mobilize Power Fund.