Deadline: 1 May 2017
Applications are open for the ACBAR Twinning Program which is supported by DFID to improve the capacity of National NGOs in Afghanistan (NNGO) to provide humanitarian assistance by providing trainings, institutional capacity building, technical mentoring, and support in the field.
This is done by pairing NNGOs with International NGOs (INGO) who will serve as mentors and provide technical and field support throughout the duration of the project. Additionally, ACBAR will coordinate, mentor and train Afghan NGOs in order to improve their overall institutional capacity.
The Twinning Program’s intentions are to:
- Increase NNGO participation in the humanitarian clusters
- Build NNGO capacity to access the Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) and other humanitarian funds
- Increase NNGO ability to conduct quality assessments
- Give the entire humanitarian community more access to local knowledge
- Ensure all organizations involved follow international humanitarian principles
- The purpose of this call is to identify humanitarian National NGOs in Afghanistan who qualify for this program.
- Currently, the ACBAR Twinning Program is looking for new NNGO twinning partners.
- Candidates must be:
- Registered with the Ministry of Economy and current with reporting
- Implementing humanitarian activities in the fields of health, nutrition, food security, WASH, emergency shelter/NFIs and protection
- Note: Please note that emergency shelter/NFIs and protection are cross-cutting issues, being addressed along with other types of main priority field.
- Attending monthly humanitarian cluster meetings in their relevant field
- Candidates must show:
- Past proven capacities to successfully implement humanitarian projects
- That they have ongoing projects in the related field they apply for
- That they have proper capacity and resources to be considered as potential partners
- Organizational Annual Report
- 3 References
How to Apply
Applications must be sent by email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit ACBAR Twinning Program.