Deadline: 6 April 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for Australian High Commission’s Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a flexible small grants program available on a not-for-profit basis to provide immediate relief for marginalised communities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The DAP aims to advance developmental objectives and address humanitarian hardship where it is needed most.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Applications are generally for one year and valued up to LKR 3 million.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- DAP accepts high quality applications that have a strong development focus and are aimed at strengthening communities in Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- DAP projects should be aimed primarily at achieving practical and tangible outcomes, such as:
- The focus should be on activities that have a direct impact and may include capacity building projects, particularly in the areas of governance and human rights engagement.
- Projects that support people with disabilities to improve the quality of their lives through accessing the same opportunities for participation, contribution, decision-making, and social and economic well-being as others are strongly encouraged.
- In Sri Lanka and Maldives, DAP funding is available to legally registered community groups and NGOs, academic institutions and local government institutions engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- The following areas will not be funded by DAP:
- Conferences in Sri Lanka and Maldives or overseas study tours
- Academic training in Australia
- Items of a recurrent nature such as staff salaries, office rentals and utility costs
- Spare parts, supplies, maintenance and repairs
- Payment of consultants and advisers, where they constitute a major cost component
- Micro credit schemes
- The administration cost of the project must be less than 10% of the value of the project. DAP will not fund salaries, rent or other overheads of NGOs. Only costs related to project will be funded.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Sri Lanka and Maldives
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.