Deadline: 6 April 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for Australian High Commission’s Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a flexible small grants program available on a not-for-profit basis to provide immediate relief for marginalised communities.
The DAP aims to advance developmental objectives and address humanitarian hardship where it is needed most.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Applications are generally for one year and valued up to LKR 3 million.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- DAP accepts high quality applications that have a strong development focus and are aimed at strengthening communities in Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- DAP projects should be aimed primarily at achieving practical and tangible outcomes, such as:
- The focus should be on activities that have a direct impact and may include capacity building projects, particularly in the areas of governance and human rights engagement.
- Projects that support people with disabilities to improve the quality of their lives through accessing the same opportunities for participation, contribution, decision-making, and social and economic well-being as others are strongly encouraged.
- In Sri Lanka and Maldives, DAP funding is available to legally registered community groups and NGOs, academic institutions and local government institutions engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- The following areas will not be funded by DAP:
- Conferences in Sri Lanka and Maldives or overseas study tours
- Academic training in Australia
- Items of a recurrent nature such as staff salaries, office rentals and utility costs
- Spare parts, supplies, maintenance and repairs
- Payment of consultants and advisers, where they constitute a major cost component
- Micro credit schemes
- The administration cost of the project must be less than 10% of the value of the project. DAP will not fund salaries, rent or other overheads of NGOs. Only costs related to project will be funded.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Sri Lanka and Maldives
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.