Deadline: 21 April 2017
The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency Coordinating Unit (CDEMA CU), with support from the European Union (EU), through the Strengthening of the Capacity of the CDEMA Coordinating Unit and Participating States for Implementation of Comprehensive Disaster Management project is currently inviting National Disaster Management Offices (NDMOs) and relevant national agencies, responsible for CDM implementation, to apply for its Country Directed Fund (CDF).
With its emphasis on providing quality country centered programming support; the CDEMA CU will implement the Country Directed Fund (CDF) with a view to strengthening the foundation that has been laid for transforming the CDF into a grant mechanism that meets international standards.
The proposed initiative should:
- support the CDM results articulated in the National CDM Work Programme that has been endorsed by the requisite governmental authority and accepted by CDEMA CU as the final CWP;
- cost between 10,000 and 60,000 Euros and
- identify intervention/s that will be completed within nine (9) months of disbursement of the funds.
The competitive Call for Proposals will cover projects that enhance capacity within CDEMA PS in the priority areas of:
- Enhanced Institutional Capacity;
- Knowledge Management and Learning for CDM;
- Sector Integration of CDM;
- Enhanced Community Resilience;
- Strategic Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation and Research;
- Contingency Planning and Exercise Design and Testing;
- Emergency Response Coordination;
- Disaster Situational Awareness (Damage Assessment);
- Information Management;
- Disaster Risk Reduction;
- National Disaster Management Organization Capacity Building;
- DRR-related Information and Communication Technologies.
The Country Directed Fund consists of two grants, differentiated based on the amount of the grant being applied for. The grants are categorized are described below, amounts of:
- up to Euro 10,000.00 and
- in excess of Euro 10,000.00 up to a maximum of Euro 60,000.00.
National Disaster Management Offices and relevant national agencies responsible for CDM implementation from the following CDEMA Participating States may apply for use of the Country Directed Fund through the National Disaster Management Offices: Antigua and Barbuda, the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, The Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, The Republic of Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, The Republic of Suriname, The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
How to Apply
Application should be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Country Directed Fund.