Deadline: 10 March 2017
The Humanitarian Innovation Fund is seeking applications for “Research and Evaluation Partner” to create good practice guidance for designing user-centred emergency sanitation provision using rapid community engagement approaches.
The guidance should include information on how to design, implement and measure the impact of the approach and engagement with the affected communities. It should have direct applicability for the decisions humanitarian agencies need to make when designing sanitation in the early stages of an emergency.
Funding Information: Funding of up to £200,000 will be made available for the selected Research and Evaluation Partner.
- Create a Review of current community engagement practice and approaches (including relevant related/similar notions and concepts) and their appropriateness for and impact on making sanitation decisions in rapid-onset emergencies.
- Informed by the Review, develop a framework for monitoring and evaluating the success of community engagement approaches in emergencies.
- Share Review findings and initial monitoring and evaluation framework with up to 10 shortlisted Community Engagement Projects at a 2-day Innovation Workshop in July 2017. The framework will be discussed and adapted in collaboration with the teams.
- Coordinate and support the data collection for up to 5 community engagement projects around sanitation in rapid-onset emergencies.
- Analyse data collected and translate the findings into good practice guidance on how to design, implement, and evaluate rapid community engagement projects to inform sanitation provision in humanitarian emergencies.
- Work together with a Dissemination Partner to identify the most relevant format for the guidance so that it brings the most value to its intended users and supports sanitation decision-making in emergencies.
- Support the Dissemination Partner to share the good practice guidance with the broader humanitarian community and other relevant actors involved in making sanitation decisions in emergencies.
- Write up the Review and project findings in academic paper format with the aim of publishing the study as a peer-reviewed article and presenting it at relevant forums.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Research and Evaluation Partner.