Deadline: 24 February 2017
Applicants are advised to consider that Norway seeks to promote human rights, women’s rights/gender equality, good anti-corruption strategies/good governance or environmental protection, through all humanitarian and development interventions.
Applications for local humanitarian and development grants will be considered in light of the overall Norwegian humanitarian and development assistance portfolio in Lebanon, and with a view to complement and avoid duplication of interventions channeled through outher organizations.
- Humanitarian assistance and protection of vulnerable groups
- Development assistance to Lebanon
- Culture and arts
Type of Applications
- Humanitarian grants
- Target groups would be the vulnerable and poor, especially Syrian and Palestinian refugees and vulnerable host-communities. Larger scale, targeted and catalyctic interventions are preferred.
- Development grants
- Concrete interventions that help strengthen Lebanon’s resilience, stability, civil society or peaceful co-existence between communities. Larger scale, targeted and catalyctic interventions are preferred.
- Culture and art grants
- Interventions that promote cultural infrastructure, artistic freedom of expression and cultural rights. Innovative, targeted, change-oriented and catalytic interventions with sound local foundation will be a preferred.
- Applications from organizations that are already partnering with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norad or other public Norwegian entities on humanitarian or development assistance delivery to Lebanon, will not be considered.
- Applications for funding of conferences, meetings/workshops/seminars will not be considered.
How to Apply
- The Embassy ask current and new recipients to submit short concept notes (2 pages), including a general budget, for assistance projects within the following sectors mentioned above.
- Applicants can send their concept note at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Norwegian Embassy in Beirut.