Deadline: 7 May 2019
David Stanton, TD., Minister of State with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration & Integration, Department of Justice and Equality is inviting applicants to participate and celebrate 2019 Traveller and Roma Pride Week.
As part of its remit, the Equality Division endeavours to promote positive communications in relation to the Traveller and Roma Communities. This call, issued by the Equality Division, Department of Justice and Equality, is for proposals for funding to host events promoting Traveller and Roma Pride Week in May and June 2019.
- This funding, up to a maximum of €2,000 for each approved project, will be available for suitable projects which celebrate Traveller and/or Roma Culture. The event should:
- Involve the active participation of members of the Traveller and/or Roma community at all stages of the project (planning, implementation etc.).
- Celebrate and promote Traveller and/or Roma culture.
- Promote a positive image of Traveller and/or Roma Culture to the wider settled community.
- Members of the settled community must be included and invited to the event.
- The event must be accessible to an open public audience where possible.
- Method of Funding: Funding will be in the form of a grant to be issued in a single payment after the event and is subject to the receipt of official invoices for all expenditure. Payments to individuals will only be made for vouched travel and subsistence.
- Public and private bodies are eligible to apply, (in the case of public bodies, in respect of activity additional to their core functions).
- Applicants must be legally constituted at the point of signing a grant agreement and must be able to enter into a legally binding grant agreement.
- If more than one organisation is applying for the funds, one organisation must be selected to be the lead applicant. If successful, it is this lead applicant who will sign the grant agreement and will carry the liability for ensuring its terms are met by them and all delivery partners.
- Applicants may make only one application.
Verification, audit and compliance
All expenditure will be subject to verification by the Department of Justice and Equality and may be audited by the Internal Audit Unit of the Department. Where noncompliance with the grant agreement is identified, steps may be taken to recover funds.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR19000090