Deadline: 20 September 2016
The FMM West Africa is currently seeking proposals for its Non-State Actors Fund (FMM NSA Fund) that aims to maximise the development potential of free movement of persons and migration in West Africa by supporting the effective implementation of the ECOWAS Free Movement of Persons’ Protocols and the ECOWAS Common Approach on Migration.
FMM West Africa is jointly funded by the European Union and the ECOWAS Commission and is implemented by a Consortium of Partners: the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
The FMM Non-State Actors Fund (FMM NSA Fund) is based on the assumption that the role of the NonState Actors (NSAs) and local authorities in protecting migrants’ rights, assisting their social and economic integration, increasing their understanding and knowledge of ECOWAS free movement principles as well as fighting trafficking in persons and forced labour is crucial. Its purpose is to fund projects from NSAs in partnership with local public authorities in such areas of migration management.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Fund also seeks to strengthen the capacities of NSAs and public local authorities from the West African Region and Mauritania to promote and protect the rights of migrants and to develop networks and cross-border projects.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To support NSAs and local authorities to raise awareness of the ECOWAS citizens through media campaigns or other innovative means of communication;
- To enhance migrants’ access to public social services and other relevant services;
- To promote sustainable cross-border cooperation and coordination initiatives between local authorities of at least two to six countries maximum.
- Through a call for proposals, grants will be provided to NSAs and local public authorities for the implementation of specific projects.
- The considered projects will be limited in size (between 50 000 EUR and 100 000 EUR per project) and duration (from 12 to maximum of 18 months).
- The planned duration of the project may not be less than 12 months and not exceed 18 months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Strengthening the free movement of persons, right of residence and establishment in the ECOWAS region;
- Supporting the cross- border movement of populations and promoting cross-border cooperation;
- Preventing trafficking in Persons and providing direct assistance to victims;
- Protection and empowerment of migrant workers;
- Reintegration of returning migrants;
- Curbing irregular migration.
- The organisation is legally registered;
- The organisation has a management structure with clearly defined and divided roles and responsibilities;
- The organisation has sufficient technical and institutional capacity necessary for the efficient and effective implementation of the proposed project;
- The organisation documented a sufficient administrative and accountability capacity;
- The organisation has an annual statement of accounts and an internal control system with adequate internal manuals and financial guidelines;
- The organisation has a bank account operated by more than one signatory, and opened minimum two years ago.
- In order to enhance local ownership, applicants are strongly recommended to submit proposals in partnership with local authorities.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit FMM Non-State Actors Fund.