Deadline: 31 August 2016
Amnesty’s Indigenous Youth Justice campaign, Community is Everything, aims to end the over-representation of Indigenous young people in detention within a generation.
The objectives of this program are to support Indigenous organisations working to:
- end youth incarceration; and/or
- support Indigenous individuals/families/communities experiencing youth detention.
- The Human Rights Innovation Fund for Indigenous Youth Justice initiatives is open to Indigenous-led and directed organisations only.
- Projects must have a demonstrable human rights impact in that it supports the aim of Amnesty’s Indigenous Youth Justice campaign.
- Projects must be an Indigenous-led and designed initiative.
- Projects must be achievable within the funding available (maximum $8,000).
- Smaller projects, even very small, are very welcome
- Projects must be completed within one year of the project’s start date.
- Amnesty International Australia cannot pay wages. If wages form part of your project budget, you will need to be an employer or the person(s) to be paid will need to have an ABN.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a short project report/evaluation within two months of the completion of the project.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through an online process.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Amnesty International Australia.